Monday, November 24, 2008

My wife

My wife is incredible. I've been sick for a week and somehow she has held this home together. When I get sick I don't get the sniffles, I get the I'm going to be in bed for a week straight with medicine that knocks me out sick. It's happened a couple times over the past few months because I'm a wuss and my body can't take not getting enough sleep and keeping the frenzied pace that life requires lately. Lauren is pregnant, she's been taking care of our son by herself every night after coming home from working all day, she's been doing laundry, rearranging our house in anticipation of our new son, and been taking care of her sick husband. I'm starting to feel better now. It's time for her to have a break. What does she do this morning? In the midst of getting ready to start another long week of work and getting our son up, fed, and ready, she starts dinner in the crockpot so it will be ready for us to have dinner as a family when she gets home around seven o'clock tonight. This is just the surface of what an incredible wife I have. It would take days to write about how she cares for me, how she is the best mother I've ever seen for Benjamin, how she inspires me to try and be a better man, and how beautiful she is. My wife is incredible. The kind of wife that I think God had in mind when he created the family. 

2 comments:

jim thompson said...

aren't we blessed past words, bro. so good. i hope you;re feeling better.

one of the Maligro's said...

it is... you found the kristy you went to capernwray with (0: i had no other means of contacting you but by leaving a comment for all the world to see. i wish you'd put some pictures on your blog!... i'm dying to see this wonderful woman you speak so highly of AND your SON. how old is he? and when is your next lil' one due? such a trip where we are from where we were. God is incredibly gooood and I am just thankful i'm not the same person you knew when we were at capernwray. how to even begin describing explaining that one and describing the changes?... keep on in Jesus.